Social media is a powerful force to be reckoned with when starting a new business. It helps you get your name out there, discover competitors, and reach customers. From a simple hashtag to follow-me contests, a new business can quickly gain followers and new customers with just a simple post.
How do you reach your target market in social media? Follow these five basic ways to achieve a successful social media marketing strategy.
- Schedule posts real-time. Consider the peak hours of the day. Know when your clients are usually online and increase your level of interaction with them real-time. In addition, find out what social networks your customers are using. Optimal social media engagement varies among different platforms. Perhaps you could use a social media tool that let’s you schedule posts. This really helps especially when you have customers across different time zones. Schedule posts at certain times of the day when most of your customers are online, depending on which social media platform you’re using.
- Build an online community. You can engage in various groups through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Using the appropriate hashtags in your posts can help increase your audience. Once you’ve gained a substantial following, you can start engaging your followers by replying to comments and even taking the time to like their posts about your company or product.
- Publish content regularly. For you to maintain the online community you've built, you have to allocate time to regularly post content, whether it's created or curated. Publishing content on a regular basis keeps you under your followers’ radar. Building your online content also increases your SEO ranking. Using the right keywords in your posts boosts your search ranking and can help your business increase its online presence -- easier for potential customers to find you!
- Connect with influencers. Tap them. Make them your partners in building your online presence. Influencers can help you get your name out there. Popular social media influencers can draw attention to your company by simply mentioning your name or asking their own followers to follow you. Ever heard of #FollowFriday? If you want your business to be more visible, influencers are key. Sharing their content as well as commenting on them already increases your chances of building a relationship with them.
- Boost impressions and reach through paid ads. If you want to maximize reach and exposure of your posts, use paid advertising. With paid ads, you can gain more impressions and target a specific audience. Platforms such as Facebook and Twitter allow users to choose certain demographics and specify geographic locations, so your ad is seen by the right people. Use the platform’s analytics to get insights on your ad’s performance.
Now’s your time to try these basic steps. The internet is free, and the sky’s the limit. You just have to be creative and think out of the box when crafting your social media campaigns.
For more updates and tips on social media marketing and outsourcing in the Philippines; follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.