Running a startup takes up most of your time. Juggling multiple major (and minor) tasks, managing your team, and creating an image for the company are your basic priorities. However, studies show that performing many tasks at the same time can cause health problems as well as decrease your productivity.
So, it boils down to two options: Would you rather develop your business at a very slow pace – all because of managing many tasks? Or just outsource them to an offshore team instead? Option two might be better, if you ask me. Below are five things you can outsource to instantly scale your business.
- Customer Service. Communicating with customers takes a lot of time, effort, and commitment. You can’t always keep up with other important tasks while taking care of customers. Hiring an offshore team that is skilled in customer relations management allows you to provide better customer support coverage, even the option of 24x7 support. In addition, search through business-oriented social networking sites like LinkedIn, Gust, or Quibb and look for a company that can meet your needs.
- Lead Generation. Generating leads require tedious work. It’s possible to handle this task in-house, but you need to take into consideration that this would cost more – especially if you’re running a startup. Outsourcing this to an offshore team can definitely help scale your business. In addition, looking for new LOBs will not be difficult for you anymore, as you have a dedicated team of individuals focused in this area of work. An offshore team can focus on the manual work of lead generation research, while your in-house sales team does the sales pitch. It’s a perfect combination!
- Inventory. Now, this task is easy if you’re still starting, but as your business grows, your customer and vendor database grows along with it. New processes seem to pile up, and you end up focusing on inventory alone until you realize you’ve consumed most of your time doing this. Outsource this task and let virtual assistants handle your inventory process.
- Marketing. Learning how to connect with your target audience, attracting their share of wallet, and finding new markets are crucial to your business growth. If you already know what to do when it comes to content marketing – research, ideas, and tactics to go with it – but you don’t have enough time to do most of it, outsource it. Outsourcing this type of work to a specialized team can help your business grow a bit quicker. Find a partner that has a proven track record in marketing, and perhaps you can look at their own case studies and learn from their experience.
- Payroll and Accounting. The computation of payroll and accounting can also be outsourced. A group of offshore finance experts can just calculate your company’s payroll, manage bookkeeping, and prepare your tax reports at minimal costs. This is even more practical than handling this on your own or hiring a full-time employee in-house. You have to choose a vendor that is knowledgeable and experienced in the different processes, regulations, and tax laws in various states.
To sum up, there is nothing wrong with outsourcing parts of your business. It doesn’t make you less of a manager nor does it take away an identity out of your brand. It does, however, allow you to focus on your goals, and that’s what’s important. Look through your punch list, and see if there are things that can be delegated. After all, you can’t do everything yourself. Cross them off your list. Instead, add them up to your list of tasks to be outsourced.